Product Marketing Manager
Microsoft employs business solutions to empower organizations and leaders across the world to optimize their business processes, engage their customers in new ways and ultimately transform their businesses through turning data into intelligent action. Knowing that the budget for technology purchases are shifting away from IT and to the line of business decision maker, this is a pivotal role in Microsoft’s ability to enable intelligent customer engagement and help customers realize their digital transformation.
The Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard and market share for their assigned products in the subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of CRM/ERP Cloud solutions, their solution portfolio (specifically at the 200-300 level) and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their solution portfolio. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates and influences campaigns and marketing activities, and delivers product and campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships with the segment marketers, customer and partner segment stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be well aligned, with the end goal of supporting a “One Microsoft” motion. The PMM is an ambassador of the overall product brand and Microsoft customer and partner experience.
• Own the local product marketing strategy for driving Dynamics cloud revenue growth and market share
• Orchestrate the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions based on market opportunity and analysis, partner ecosystem and competitive landscape. Lead targeting for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product marketing owned activities
• Conduct competitive analysis and develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
• Determine a common set of key performance indicators for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, other business groups)
• Conduct business pillar reviews to support Business Group Lead with value propositions
• Understands the partner ecosystem that supports their solution portfolio and aligns with partner roles for partner capacity and partner marketing planning
• Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the solution portfolio internally and externally to press, enthusiasts, influencers and pre-sales customer scenarios
• Leverage tools and resources provided by corporate to provide product/solution related content such as customer benefit, messaging, competitive differentiators, scripts/demos, value propositions, storytelling to line of business decision maker audience and technical audiences as appropriate
• Provide product/solution related content such as customer benefits, messaging, competitive differentiators, scripts/demos, value propositions, storytelling to line of business decision maker audience and technical audiences as appropriate
• Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product bill of materials (BOM) (to-customer and to/thru-partner) embracing a solution selling approach
• Lead product launch activities and contribute to partner readiness and product evangelism delivery and business development
• Drive awareness of promotions/offers to key stakeholders across sales, partner and marketing roles
• Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for business group owned campaigns and activities partnering closely with key stakeholders
• Work closely with corporate, sales and segment teams to develop customer advocacy strategy and stories
• Provide customer and partner product and commercial feedback to the relevant regional and corporate product teams
Fill in the fields and attach a resume or cover letter. Do not forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.